Thursday, September 13, 2012

3M Delicate Surface Tape

Every now and again, a new product enters the home decorating field and changes the way everything is done.  Today I want to very briefly highlight one such product:  3M's Delicate Surface Masking Tape.

Now hold on, don't click away just yet.  I know the very words "masking tape" don't necessarily instill a feeling of raw, unchecked excitement even in the hardiest home decorating gurus, but this tape is different.  It's worth a quick read.  Trust me.  You'll thank me later.

See, 3M's Delicate Surface tape will give you razor sharp, crisp lines when you paint.  Oh, it can be used on all sorts of delicate surfaces including wallpaper and recently painted walls, but for me, the biggest, most important aspect of the tape is the sharp lines it leaves behind.

After all, I hate taping a room off.  I cannot stress this enough.  I hate it.  It's time consuming.  It's no fun (I just want to put paint on, not spend this time taping).  And then, usually, after all that work of taping, I roll my paint on, pull the tape off and discover that there are many areas where the paint leaked under the tape.  My lines aren't crisp.  It's depressing. 

But that's where this particular tape changes the game entirely.  The lines are absolutely razor sharp.  They're perfect.  You can go through all the work of taping your room (which still isn't fun--even with this tape), but the end results make it all worthwhile--no paint leaking under the tape, no wallpaper or wall paint peeling off when you remove the tape.  Nothing but sharp lines and perfect walls. 

Now, of course, the tape is more expensive than regular masking tape--probably a couple bucks a roll more.  But think about it this way:  you're going to spend all that time masking a room with good tape or with cheap tape.  You're going to do all that work painting that room.  You're going to spend all that time pulling the tape off when you're done.  Isn't it worth it to do all of that and end up with perfect results?  Isn't that worth an extra $2? 

OK, that's enough said.  Instead of reading, do a little viewing.  Here's a video that will give you crystal clear proof that this tape's worth the money!  Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment